RESPONSIBILITIES PER DISTRICT BYLAWS
The parliamentarian shall:
a. Attend all meetings of the district association, and the district board and executive committee and give necessary advice in parliamentary procedure when requested.
b. Call the first meeting of the nominating committee, conduct the election of a chairman and give instructions in procedure, and may be contacted for additional information, if needed, and shall attend meetings of the nominating committee only if elected to serve as a member of the committee.
c. Chair the bylaws committee and review bylaws and standing rules each term of office.
d. Be entitled to all rights and privileges of membership including the right to make motions, debate and vote.
e. Receive and review all association and council bylaws within the district prior to submitting them through channels to the state parliamentarian for approval. A file shall be kept of all association and council bylaws within the district.
RESPONSIBILITIES PER DISTRICT POLICY, PROCEDURES AND STANDING RULES (PPSR)
THE PARLIAMENTARIAN SHALL FULFILL THE RESPONSIBILITIES AS OUTLINED IN THE FIFTH DISTRICT BYLAWS, ARTICLE VIII, SECTION 9, AND SHALL:
1. Assist in the organization of new units and councils and in the disbanding of inactive units.
2. Maintain a file of bylaws of units and councils within the district.
3. Convene the bylaws committee for the purpose of reviewing the Fifth District Bylaws and Policies, Procedures and Standing Rules annually. Report recommendations to the district board.
4. Organize the nominating committee as prescribed in the bylaws.
BYLAWS AND POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND STANDING RULES COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: THE PARLIAMENTARIAN AS CHAIRMAN AND TWO (2) ADDITIONAL MEMBERS TO BE APPOINTED BY THE PRESIDENT.
1. At the beginning of the term review the Fifth District Bylaws, and Policies, Procedures and Standing Rules. Submit a report at the district board meeting.