RESPONSIBILITIES PER DISTRICT BYLAWS
The financial secretary shall:
1. Give a receipt for all monies received for the district and deposit immediately in a bank approved by the district board and give a copy of the deposit slip to the treasurer.
2. Keep an accurate record of all receipts for filing with the treasurer’s financial records for the district.
3. Present a monthly report at every meeting of the district, and the district board and the executive committee, and at other times when requested by the district. (See Financial Officers’ Reports and Forms (5.3.3), Finance Section, California State PTA Toolkit.)
4. Make an annual report to the district.
5. Perform such other duties as may be delegated to the financial secretary.
RESPONSIBILITIES PER DISTRICT POLICY, PROCEDURES AND STANDING RULES (PPSR)
THE FINANCIAL SECRETARY SHALL FULFILL THE RESPONSIBILITIES AS OUTLINED IN THE FIFTH DISTRICT BYLAWS, ARTICLE VIII, SECTION 5, AND SHALL:
1. Present an itemized accounting of deposits to the treasurer, district president and membership chairman. The original shall remain in the financial secretary’s files.
2. A summary written report (which shall include current membership totals) shall be distributed at the monthly board meetings to those present.
3. Prepare and send copies of the unit membership report forms to the district president, treasurer, second vice president and district office.
4. Assist the district treasurer in conducting financial workshops.
5. Provide verification of units’ standing to the convention chairman.
6. Collect and forward to the California State PT A office the worker’s compensation forms.
7. Maintain a current list of unit, council and district tax identification numbers.
8. Assist council and unit financial officers and audit their books when necessary.
9. Attend new unit charter meetings with the extension committee.