Second Vice President – Membership
RESPONSIBILITIES PER DISTRICT BYLAWS
- The vice president(s) shall act as aide(s) to the president and shall, in their designated order, perform the duties of the president in the absence or disability of that officer to act.
RESPONSIBILITIES PER DISTRICT POLICY, PROCEDURES AND STANDING RULES (PPSR)
THE VICE PRESIDENTS SHALL FULFILL THE RESPONSIBILITIES AS OUTLINED IN THE FIFTH DISTRICT BYLAWS1 ARTICLE V/111 SECTION 2 (A)1 AND SHALL:
- Have a clear understanding of the district budget.
2. Make an oral report on the activities of the vice president and associated committees at each board meeting. A written summary of the report shall be given to the recording secretary. Oral reports shall be limited to five (5) minutes.
3. Become familiar with the duties of assigned chairmen and, if necessary, assume those duties.
4. Hold a planning meeting with chairmen and prepare and submit proposed expenditures to the budget and finance committee prior to the annual budget meeting.
5. Work closely with chairmen and hold meetings as needed.
6. See that each chairman keeps a procedure book, prepares an annual report and other necessary reports.
7. See that procedure books are passed on to successors.
8. Approve, with the consent of the president, all materials before disseminating information.
9. Consult with treasurer to get budget information for each committee they oversee.
THE SECOND VICE PRESIDENT SHALL FULFILL THE RESPONSIBILITIES AS OUTLINED IN THE FIFTH DISTRICT BYLAWS, ARTICLE VIII, SECTION 2 (A) & (E), AND SHALL:
- Act as a partner in guiding and directing the unit and council membership chairman.
2. Remind councils and out of council units to submit remittance form and payment when ordering membership envelopes at the March meeting.
3. Order membership envelopes from California State PTA in March.
4. Distribute membership cards in the amount and manner determined by California State PTA.
5. Advise, assist and inspire unit membership chairmen in developing effective membership campaigns
6. Prepare a monthly membership report for the president.
7. Verify that each member of the board is a member in good standing of PT A.
8. Oversee the following committees:
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: SECOND VICE PRESIDENT AS CHAIRMAN AND TWO (2) ADDITIONAL MEMBERS TO BE APPOINTED BY THE PRESIDENT.
- Advise, assist and inspire unit membership chairmen in developing effective membership campaigns.
2. Urge active student participation and representation at the unit, council, district and state level of PTA.
3. Develop a membership campaign packet for councils and units.
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: REFLECTIONS CHAIRMAN, ARTS EOUCA TION CHAIRMAN, THE HOSTING COUNCIL PRESIDENT AND TWO (2) ADDITIONAL MEMBERS TO BE APPOINTED BY THE PRESIDENT.
- Encourage units and councils to participate in the National PTA Reflections program.
- Secure judges, consulting with the second vice president.
3. Submit entries to California State PT A for judging according to guidelines.
4. Organize the district Reflections awards program, and with the assistance of the president secure a facility and complete required paperwork.
5. The Reflections awards program requires two rooms; one for viewing and one that holds 400 for the awards presentation.
6. Arrange for invitations, awards/certificates and printed programs for the award program.
7. Invitations will be mailed to student participants, council reflections chairmen, state representatives and the county school board. All other invitations will be sent via schools express mail or email.
8. Contact and obtain permission for student performances.
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: CONVENTION CHAIRMAN, HOSPITALITY CHAIRMAN, AND TWO (2) ADDITIONAL MEMBERS TO BE APPOINTED BY THE PRESIDENT.
- When necessary obtain speakers and/or entertainment.
2. Organize the convention orientation with the assistance of the hosting council president. With the assistance of the president secure facility, public address system and complete required paperwork.
3. The convention orientation requires one large room for general assembly.
4. Arrange for any district function or event.
5. Obtain a district identifier for delegates.
6. Review scholarship applications, discuss and determine how funds are to be dispersed, and present to board for approval.
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: HOSPITALITY CHAIRMAN AND TWO (2) MEMBERS TO BE APPOINTED BY THE PRESIDENT.
- Serve on appropriate district committees.
2. Make arrangements for refreshments for district functions.
3. Arrive early/stay late to set up refreshment table and make coffee, etc. and clean up after district functions.
ARTS EDUCATION COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: ARTS EDUCATION CHAIRMAN AND TWO (2) MEMBERS TO BE APPOINTED BY THE PRESIDENT.
- Serve on Reflections Committee.
2. Serve as the Liaison to councils and/or units to help start Reflections Programs to those that don’t currently participate.
3. Serve as the Liaison to councils and/or units for the SMARTS Program.