First Vice President – Leadership
RESPONSIBILITIES PER DISTRICT BYLAWS
- The vice president(s) shall act as aide(s) to the president and shall, in their designated order, perform the duties of the president in the absence or disability of that officer to act.
RESPONSIBILITIES PER DISTRICT POLICY, PROCEDURES AND STANDING RULES (PPSR)
THE VICE PRESIDENTS SHALL FULFILL THE RESPONSIBILITIES AS OUTLINED IN THE FIFTH DISTRICT BYLAWS1 ARTICLE V/111 SECTION 2 (A)1 AND SHALL:
- Have a clear understanding of the district budget.
- Make an oral report on the activities of the vice president and associated committees at each board meeting. A written summary of the report shall be given to the recording secretary. Oral reports shall be limited to five (5) minutes.
- Become familiar with the duties of assigned chairmen and, if necessary, assume those duties.
- Hold a planning meeting with chairmen and prepare and submit proposed expenditures to the budget and finance committee prior to the annual budget meeting.
- Work closely with chairmen and hold meetings as needed.
- See that each chairman keeps a procedure book, prepares an annual report and other necessary reports.
- See that procedure books are passed on to successors.
- Approve, with the consent of the president, all materials before disseminating information.
- Consult with treasurer to get budget information for each committee they oversee.
THE FIRST VICE PRESIDENT SHALL FULFILL THE RESPONSIBILITIES AS OUTLINED IN THE FIFTH DISTRICT BYLAWS, ARTICLE VIII, SECTION 2 (A) & (E), AND SHALL:
- When directed by the president, organize, disband or change status of councils and units as outlined in the Advanced Leadership Tools.
- When directed by the president, organize a committee to report on the advisability of re-chartering a PTA with more than two incidents of charter withdrawal or disband.
- Maintain, for future reference, a travel log of directions, mileage and travel time to councils and units by the extension team members.
- Responsible for purchase of gavels for newly organized units and councils.
- Organize leadership training, conferences and workshops.
- Oversee the following committees:
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: FIRST VICE PRESIDENT AS CHAIRMAN, FINANCIAL OFFICER(S), AUDITOR, PARLIAMENTARIAN AND THREE (3) ADDITIONAL MEMBERS APPOINTED BY PRESIDENT (NOT TO INCLUDE COUNCIL PRESIDENTS).
- Meet monthly to evaluate problems and progress in the councils and units in Fifth District PT A
- Be advisors to the councils and attend council meetings.
- Arrange trainings as needed.
- Prepare a written report monthly for the executive committee.
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: FIRST VICE PRESIDENT AS CHAIRMAN, SECOND VICE PRESIDENT, RECORDING SECRETARY, FINANCIAL OFFICER(S) AND PARLIAMENTARIAN.
- With the president, organize new units according to procedures outlined in the Advanced Leadership Tools.
- Each unit will be given a gavel and 50 membership envelopes.
- It is up to the discretion of the extension committee to determine form of payment of dues when chartering a new unit.
- New councils will receive a gavel, a president’s pin and an Advanced Leadership Tools manual.
- Make available an extension team for the purpose of leadership training to new units and throughout the district.
- There must be at least 30 people present at initial meeting in order to continue new charter process.
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: WORKSHOP CHAIRMAN, FIRST VICE PRESIDENT, FINANCIAL SECRETARY, HOSPITALITY CHAIRMAN, THE HOST COUNCIL PRESIDENT AND ADDITIONAL MEMBERS TO BE APPOINTED BY THE PRESIDENT.
- Organize workshops.
- Review section 3, procedures, workshop planning.
- Secure the facility and necessary equipment and with the assistance of the president complete all required paperwork.
- Workshops require one large room for general assembly plus several smaller rooms for individual workshops. Meal function facilities may also be required.
- Arrange for workshop presenters and be present to verify that all workshops are covered by a presenter.
- Secure vendors/exhibitors.
- Assist the president in organization of the council officer’s workshop.
- When necessary, obtain speakers and/or entertainment.
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: THE FIRST VICE PRESIDENT AS CHAIRMAN, PARLIAMENTARIAN AND TWO (2) ADDITIONAL MEMBERS TO BE APPOINTED BY THE PRESIDENT.
- Be the liaison to the out of council units for the purpose of maintaining monthly contact regarding any needed assistance or problems, district deadlines and reports, etc.
- Maintain an updated reference that includes a travel log of directions, mileage and travel time to out of council units for the committee members.
- Write Arrowhead articles regarding out of council issues.
- Act as chairman of the Out of Council Committee.
- Act as mentors to OOC units and organize training when necessary.
- Be available to attend charter meetings of new Out of Council units.